Thank you for your patience in what has been a difficult year for us all. We are pleased to be able to start offering routine check-ups once again.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IN FULL BEFORE BOOKING YOUR ROUTINE CHECK UP.
Due to the extra safety equipment and precautions necessary to keep everyone safe, COVID-19 continues to severely limit our capacity but we are now able to start seeing check-ups. Unfortunately, it is not yet ‘business as usual’ and we have developed a new patient journey for those patients who attend the practice, meaning things are slightly different to normal.
If you have ANY kind of dental problem, you are aware of (pain, broken tooth, swelling, etc) then PLEASE DO NOT book a routine check-up. Instead, call us and let us know what the problem is and if possible, we will book you in for the appropriate treatment. This will help us to help you and avoid unnecessary repeated visits.
Please be aware of the following information:
THE WEARING OF MASKS IN HEALTHCARE SETTINGS IS STILL MANDATORY AFTER THE 19TH JULY UNLESS UNDER THE AGE OF 11 OR MEDICALLY EXEMPT.
- If an NHS charge is due, then you will be asked to pay this in advance over the phone to reduce contact with our reception staff. This must be done at the same time you call to arrange an appointment.
- Toilet facilities are currently out of use.
- It is necessary for whole families to attend together rather than coming separately on different days. This aids social distancing and ultimately means we will be able to see you sooner.
- Please arrive as close to your appointment time as you possibly can and do not be late.
- Only people with an appointment may attend unless they need to be accompanied i.e. carers or parents of young children.
- Anyone aged 11 or older must wear a face mask unless medically exempt.
- You will have your temperature checked and be asked to sanitise your hands on arrival.
- If you have any symptoms of Covid-19, are self-isolating or have travelled abroad in the last 14 days then it is essential you do not attend the practice and phone us to cancel your appointment.
Once again, we can’t thank you all enough for your understanding and kindness during this time.